Friday, October 23, 2015

Another week.....another sonogram

Sigh ...a week I was both happy to get to and at the same time dreading. 24 weeks.....   At this week they feel the baby is viable- that the baby has a good chance to survive if delivered early.  They also can give medication to help increase the chances if the baby needed to be delivered now. I also know they have wanted me on hospital bedrest if I made it to this week and its been on my mind a lot. When they told me I wasn't happy when it was becoming reality. Something about being surrounded by 4 walls and not doing anything makes me stir crazy. Who wouldn't love  lounging in bed all day watching what I want to watch and ordering room service instead of having to cook ,clean, etc...  But I rather be comfortable in my own house bed, I want to see the kids and I want to be able to change my clothes when I want and not have to wait for clean clothes or the hosp. gowns.
Anyway...baby is looking good and doing fine. growing .. etc....

Did go to the hospital to get the drugs so if he came early he stands a good chance.  All I can say is nasty stuff.  The steroids to mature the lungs..... the side effects....Grrr and they have me on antibiotics so that the steroids I'm getting and weakening  the immune system will not cause an infection and make me go into labor.  Both are causing my stomach to be a mess however.

No comments:

Post a Comment