Saturday, February 23, 2019

Trying to get to Florida

I had been watching the weather forecast since the weekend and didn't like the sound of  high winds in the forecast..... that with snow.   Gritting my teeth I held out hope for the best.   How am I going to pick up the kids and get over to the airport with wintry conditions.   Timing for the kids was good but the plane was already delayed at  10 am...   So I knew we didn't have a plane and then the weather got worse and worse.  10pm they gave the time that the winds would stop.   In the mean time the snow started flying ...it was BAD!!! White outs! Messages kept popping up on my phone to Severe Alert as we were checking in at the Airport
 Hours and hours... waiting  the closer we got to a time the farther they kept pushing it off..... 3 hours, 4 hours.....  7 hours 8 hours....Finally boarded and still had to wait



Alex was asleep when the plane took off.... but woke up for snack and beverage service ... Really it was like 1:30 am... and he was awake till we got to Orlando

No comments:

Post a Comment