Friday, October 11, 2019

What A Day

This was not the day I expected at all....but knew it was coming.  When the justice system has to also play a part in the the mental health system its always an experience.   Jon and Alexander's father has mental health issues and when he has his "moments" its been harder and harder for me to get him help and since he is a frequent flyer they choose not  follow up or even better believe what comes out of his mouth.   In April they did the same thing at court.  gave him stipulations to stay out of trouble and get mental help  or deal with more problems.  Since he was having well.....a "BIG moment"  he ended up getting the book thrown at him and was detained at the not so lovely Holding Center for months.   They did release him in Aug and I told him this isn't like last time you can't do what you done before and expect it all to go away....   It didn't... So here I am was waiting for him to see the judge.   Unfortunately not the judge that knows him well. Good for him not what I wanted to see.    The judge gave him a $1000 bail and sent him on his way and I called the mental health person at the police station...... This is hard getting someone the help they need mentally as they don't see it and they still are in charge of their body.  Its hard  to force someone to take meds... but it may be the way they have to go.....

The other part of the day .. it was also formally my anniversary....   hard knowing this date was special and know its only you that really cares anymore.  Like his birthday and the day he died...  Just markers of time passing but not forgetting.  The memories are still there frozen in time.  He existed, he was part of my life and that a thought or of him enters my brain of the good times we did have.   This is the place were I got engaged at..... same Willow tree same bench... Still there like it was 23 yrs before. (Sept 14, 1996)   Anniversary was 22 yrs


No comments:

Post a Comment