Saturday, September 11, 2021

20th Anniversary of 9/11



The Ceremony downtown Buffalo for the 20th anniversary.  This event effected me.  I guess I know why it does.   I watched dressed in my airline outfit as the 2nd airplane hit.  I heard we were attack and then had to make a decision.  I had to work that day.   At the airport when all of this was going on.  Did I think about calling in?  You bet.  Did I think about Andrew who wasn't born?  again yes.  But did I.? Nope.  Did I have a clue as to what I would see at the airport when I got there...NOPE.  This was before the Pentagon was hit, before he ordered all the planes out of the air. Before the Shanksville crash.    We didn't have a clue as to what was going on and what was to come.  Did any of those responders?   Nope Did they even think  the towers could possibly fall?  Maybe did .  Did they ever in there wildest dreams think they would go down as quick as they did?    Probably not one of them.  They  too walked into this unknown.  Many of them didn't walk out.    Whose to say things couldn't have gone wrong at the airport?   We know there where terrorist, they wanted airplanes or any other wild possibilities.   We all had to make a decision with the playbook not in front of us and given the limited knowledge we had. Maybe why sometimes I feel the need to go to this stuff. It was real to me in ways that were not on TV. Stories and somethings  I still don't talk about.   

Anyway I couldn't let 20 years go by without aknowledging this event. And even Jon was more open to hear what I experienced this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment