Friday, December 10, 2021

2021 What can I say.


Well what can I csay about this year..... it definately wasn't 2020... 

Going into December unlike last year were  it was hard to find something to do.  We do have events but we are still wearing masks.   Our rates are higher now than last year.  They have in person school and school events.  We have sort of learned to live with it.  I say that as people still will not get vaccinated and keep this virus going and mutating.  I've had friends and family that have had  not immediate family.  I have had 3 Covid tests. I have had the vaccine and booster.  By Saturday all of us will have the vaccination.  

There was good in 2021.   I thought for sure it would completely suck... After all when before you go into the year knowing the family trip to Florida was cancelled and there was nothing to look forward to. but this stupid virus.  

But with that said there were highlights and brights spots that wouldn't have happenedif it weren't for the virus.

 We went to NYC.  Andrew got to see the Statue of Liberty up close and personal.  He's been wantingto do that for years. Alex loved it and we got to enjoy NYC with so many less people and it wasn't crowded.  Subways were still being disinfected. It was wonder and really a highlight of the year.   So glad I decided to do that.

The other highlight was Major League Baseball in Buffalo and unlike last year we could go!!!  Again Andrew has been begging me for years to take him to MLB.  Well he got to go to 2 games and one being the Yankees!! The Bisons made out well as they renovated the stadium to major league caliber.  

Those 2 event made it a good year.  And I would have added a star or 2 to this because of that alone.

As much as I complained there was nothing to do last year I still found things for us to do.  It may have not been the usual activities but some how we made do with what we had.  Perspective... I look now at what we couldn't do and cringe.  However thinking about it  we weren't without. We shift focus elsewhere.     There was really no ice skating, the Y, Christmas events. Even seeing Santa was a challenge.   Yet we managed.  

For example we couldn't go to Jingle Falls in Niagara Falls but we went to the Cave of the Winds instead.  or we couldn't go to the Tree lighting Celebrations so we went to the Botanical Garden.   

Anyway there was sadness  this year with the passing of Andrew's Grandma.  I'm thankful it wasn't from covid

Anyway sometimes the shelves are bare  but like anything else you learn to adjust. This is the Toy aisle and Christmas aisle at Target... 

What I have learned over time is that I'm grateful.  The fact that I can't find something is fine. There are years I did without as I couldn't afford things anyway.  You make due and use what you have. 











No comments:

Post a Comment