Monday, April 4, 2016

Before and After

 So the doctor changed how the bar is now since Alex could slip his feet out of the first one. As you can see he didn't like this any better. I know we are making it more difficult for you to get out of these.  The next ones give him more movement. Problem is he has to grow more.
When I'm frustrated I like to be snuggled in my snuggie and just be held.

So I looked up Clubbed feet and read a little more.  I guess I get frustrated too at times having a little guy that has to have these braces on.  It is a BIG inconvenience at times.  I can't do the carrier all that much. Although I have to say its been his size and not the brace that was the problem but popping him in that quick....nope.   Footies pj's or any pants that have the feet covered.... not easy. Snowsuit. Yeah that's out. So to go to the Maple farm in the snow.  Forget it.

The one thing mom's with babies that had this recommended was the Halo sleepwear.  The snuggie IS the Halo sleepwear. It holds his brace and for some reason   he feels secure and calms him down. Now he knows if its on its bed time.  Sometimes we use it during the day if he has trouble settling down and is frustrated and overtired.  Babies like to kick their feet and he can't, he's not one to just give up and say oh well I guess I can't do that. No.....that would be too easy. He's a fighter, but we knew  that.  This was also given to me when I came home from the hospital. I was expecting a diaper bag as usual but they gave me that and I didn't think we would use it at all.   I'm so happy we have it now

No comments:

Post a Comment