Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sept 11

We will never forget......These guys right here are part of the generation that doesn't know life before Sept 11. Andrew is totally into history and I know he gets it but as time goes by the other 2 my not know all that happened and fully understand. I still recall pacing the floor of my home and finally deciding to go to work even if it was a bit early. I got to see first hand what happens when decisions were made that day.  I wasn't just a by-stander  but yet I was.  Knowing that where you worked, equipment you worked with were used to do something so horrible.  I got people off the planes that day from them being ordered out of the sky.People that were NOT suppose  to be in Raleigh.  Some very upset, some very pissed, some confused as to were they were.  Its the only time I have been in that terminal that they shut off the TV's. People are asking questions and wanting to see what they heard. Watching the mass exodus of people out of the airport and then silence.......the middle of the day.... Nothing. Gates locked by security check point. Watching the towers falling in the only TV we could control, the breakroom TV. As they broadcast at the bottom of the screen---Only essential personal allowed at the airport. Just waiting ... Wondering how and when they were going to feel comfortable  with putting planes in the air again and not even talking about the airline we worked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment