Monday, November 26, 2018

Excited that There was Still Pumpkins Out

 PUMPKINS!!!!That was just about all the excitement he had for this place.  He knows it from yoga class and he gets so anxious going to that class.  He hates story time/circle time and crowds. Not that the class is big but its not his thing.  


So we toured the school and I got a bunch of questions answered.   It would be 8 am- 2pm and they would bus him.  Those would be my biggest questions. They feed him breakfast and lunch.  Its a nice new facility and they are getting more stuff added.  I know he's not bad off and honestly by the time he hits kindergarten I would think he would be right on track anyway.  He takes his time but is catching up quick.  When he had speech come the other week and they were doing an activity he wouldn't do it.  The teacher let him do it his way and it was fine.   He said the testers would say he can't do it  when obviously he can he just wants on his terms.  I said yeah I noticed that when they tested him.   If he didn't do it for them he would the entire rest of the week.   So reading the report is aggravating.   They do that all the time. When they get kids in there that test bad but are fine.   Made me feel better .   Problem is  I love my little snuggler.   Part of me wants to keep him at home. Andrew and Jonathan I couldn't wait till they were old enough for preschool. They drove me nuts and although Alex has his moments, he is  the sweetest little thing.  He met the principal for the first time there and he bent down to his level and Alex gave him a hug.  I know this is going to be a hard transition for him.  He doesn't like circle time / crowds or structure. I know he's going to have to eventually. He will be in an integrated classroom. Half  "normal" half with IEP's. 
Anyway he doesn't start till the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment