Friday, November 9, 2018

New Play Place at McDonald's

 Or as I call it the hunger game.... The kids were totally wild in there.  I have no idea where all these kids came from and they were like 5-7 years old on a school day. The sign on the play area read 3 and under.... Alex was by far the youngest one there.  Must be one of the schools had off and on a snowy day lets hang out at McDonald's, anyway Alex loved it, he didn't mind the pushing, shoving etc...


Hmmm....Alex had his meeting with the school District today.... they recommended him for integrated preschool to get all the services.   part of me is okay with that the other part isn't.  Honestly he grows leaps and bounds on a daily basis.   I really don't have a vibe that anything is wrong and that time is all he needs since he had a rough start in life..  He's come along way. It's like lately he's making up for lost time.  I think by the time they implement this come January he will be very close to where he needs to be or slightly behind.... Some language skills (that is improving daily)  and he still doesn't jump. Honestly  with PT, its important with him and his feet. Its a trained set of eyes on his feet and them seeing if there is regression. I'm not a great fan of the PT he has now.  I feel like he's bored with the stuff she brings and they could do more with him in a school. Hell I do more with him.   He's got some sensory issues and he's getting better about some thing there too.   And with that I really don't mind some of them.  He hates his hands being dirty or sticky  and wants clean hands.....I LOVE that one (wish the others would). He's getting better with being around large crowds and people or too many kids...... however after today's trip to McDonald's his behavior doesn't look so bad. you know screaming, running, pushing,  shoving etc....  He's a very anxious little guy, not shy but very anxious. too many people, strange area, loud noises all make him anxious.  The hockey game was not his favorite place. However I got him some ice cream and that helped.  The fact he's eating ice cream is huge.  He didn't like really cold things at the beginning of  this year.
I guess I look at it like this its like a free childcare. If he was in daycare they would be starting him in a preschool type setting anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment