Saturday, May 8, 2021

Captains Log: Day 418

 This year is calmer....I mean after the Jan 6th thing anyway.... Sometimes you feel like things aren't getting better but know that they are.   Cheektowaga is going to Open their pool and Darien Lake will be open as long as you reserve a time slot first. The other thing that is weird is that the Toronto Blue Jays are still going to play in Buffalo.

Unlike last year were I said this was the most Buffalo thing ever.... yo uknow getting a major league Baseball team and not being able to watch them.  This year fans can go!!!!  Not full capacity but regardless.... you can get tickets!!

For the first time it feels like the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer... 
The Mall parking lot was full, the restaurants were busy. Both of which we couldn't do this time last year....   To be honest last year I felt like I was in the beginning of the Cat and the Hat Book and on repeat too:
You know: The sun did not shine, it was too wet to play so we sat in the house most of the day... All we could do was sit sit sit and we didn't like it not one little bit.

Which leads me to this.......

We went to Golden Hill State park (Thirty Mile Lighthouse) and had a picnic.   Alex told me we never have picnics and so we did.   We did last year too and figured we would go back to do so again. I just made sure this time I took my picnic basket so it was an official picnic. It was one of the places I did enjoy going to last year...   







Since we were up there we stopped at Olcott Beach.   It was good t osee that they are getting everything all set t otdo the rides again.  




We walked around the shops and going in one.  Alex wanted the doll house.  it was used and cheap so I agreed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment