Thursday, May 20, 2021

Captains Log: Day 430 Good Day Sunshine




It was a hot one today.  87 degrees  I didn't even bother switching off the air condition from last night.   I didn't sleep well till I turned it on.

So tickets went on sale for the the Bluejays and we tired hard to get the BlueJays and the Yankees but none were to be had.  However I did somehow manage to get 1 ticket for Andrew for the Blue Jays and the Astros.I'm very excited for him to go to a Major League Baseball game and its here in Buffalo.   WOO HOO a plus from dealing with the plague.

Then this little trouble maker. I got a call from his teacher that he has been off the last few days and he was fighting on the playground.  I had a feeling that I would with the questions he has been asking me and that all the answers suck.  I don't want to  lie to him and make up stuff.   You know like where is daddy?  Why is daddy in jail?  Why aren't you married to daddy?  Why is Andrew's daddy different?  What happened to Andrew's daddy?  
Most of this stems from the (no so) innocent book "I love you Forever"  He realizes that the baby grows up, moves out of the house and the mommy gets sick from being old and that baby eventually has a  baby. 
Anyway I can't sugar coat things with his dad too much. He knows his dad's car  and stuff are here and dad isn't.   I know part of him feels like I'm the bad guy. I sold the house that daddy was living in and sent him to jail.  I know he doesn't understand about finances and mental health... not that any of that gets better over the years.  





Water Balloons!!!





And little pool


 

No comments:

Post a Comment