Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Big Day

 Excited and nervous all in one. I know I don't look like it. The nervousness was coming out
 i arrived at Buffalo Mercy at 7:30 am. The c-section was scheduled for 9:30 am with lots of pomp and circumstance.  You were not going to be in in the normal OR for c-section but in the OR area with a collaboration of radiology, urology  and a few other doctors.  The first stop was to put stents in my ureters.   Let me tell you this should have not been a "I'll give you a shot or 2 of Lidocaine and let me stick a scope up there to place them....."   While I'm awake the whole time..... THEN they put in the epidural but some how they managed to only put it in one side and could feel the other.   They redid it again but from what I could hear them talking after its not recommended that someone sits up after they get one.. The reason why this came up is it almost completely knocked me out. After they did it I became very drowsy and had difficulty breathing.  I know they as me to squeeze there hand a few times along there journey putting in the catheters into my groin.  I don't know if he was suppose to be born in the cath.  lab but as soon as they were done with that the c-section was performed. Grandma was suppose to come and see but couldn't with everybody in there and me barely conscious. Feet First- so he was breech when he came out. Even though the sonogram showed him head down the day before. And the placenta accreta??? Wasn't there..... I heard the radiologist go " That MRI has alot of Explaining to do"  But could tell that they were relived it wasn't anything. I got to see him for a brief moment a minute at most before they took him  upstairs and finished with me.  Luckily it didn't go any higher and it started to slowly go to were it was suppose to be,


No comments:

Post a Comment