Thursday, January 3, 2019

Hate This Doctors Office

 So during the summer I got a notice that the podiatrist moved to the Excelsior Building.      They  sent me a notice to go on their portal since he was viewed as a new patient.     What they failed to mention is that they changed dates too.  Mind you they sent this out in Aug...... 1st apt was scheduled for the 27th of Dec and the 2nd the 26th... same time.   I didn't pick up on that as there was enough other changes than that.    They were miserable to me there and didn't listen to me at all. I did talk to someone on the phone who was apologetic and got me a more appropriate apt. I picked him up a little early from school and got there with 15 minutes before his apt. to go over new paperwork but most of it was filled out in advance.  5 minutes waiting in line to check in  Then waited 20 minutes to see billing and  getting insurance card and signing hipaa forms.... Finally  they send up back to another waiting room, Another 20 minutes goes by before we get to go into a room.  Another half hour goes by.... He's tired, he's hungry.  I would have packed tons of snacks and games and stuff for him to do but who knew it was going to take  from the time I got there till we left 1.5 hours just to see the podiatrist whom states to wait it out longer.   He says at 3 they might get him different orthotics but was happy with what he had now.   Even though he's going to be 3 soon he has tiny feet and they fit well in his SMO's now.  I told them those will be a year in March.   His feet really haven't grown this year.   Weird???  So he's due for a growth spurt so the doctor will see him in 6 months.    Cringed just thinking about it.  He said he is more flexible at the hips and it makes him turn his feet in as well.  States he walks fine but when he gets tired that you probably notice it more. I said yes.  Ice skating is a good exercise for this. Well I guess I know how and why Kristi Yamaguchi became a figure skater. LOL   
My favorite part was he told me "no doctor, I not sick" when I was getting him out of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment