Thursday, February 17, 2022

The Chocolate Easter Bunnies and 2020


 Picture it:   March 2020 and the world suddenly stops... Easter is a few weeks away and you are grabbing everything so you don't have to go out in public for as long as possible.  I grab these chocolate bunnies on the shelf knowing that the kids will still want Easter baskets.  The days got weirder and weirder.... My life was upside down.  I thought everything was finally going to get resolved by the end of that month.   I was putting a house on the market, Their father was going to go to mental health court and there was a few other things.  Done.... all of it. All the things I likes to do with the kids.   Easter egg hunts, Maple Weekend etc..... Done... School.... bam... they are home 24/7 and everything is Closed... Those chocolate bunnies... ended up being my vice along with throwing on some headphones and dancing to music.

I went last year but they didn't have them.  This year they were in the same place as they were when it was pandemic time.   Nothing quite brings  me be back to that time period like these Chocolate bunnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment