Thursday, December 14, 2017

Good Night Little Alex


 Dennis did stop up  but it was so rushed I didn't really have him pack for me.   I needed to move the car and after he went home I thought.  I need some stuff.  When Alex went to sleep I went to Walgreen's and saw the teddy bear and balloon and had to get it for him. what a trooper he was today.

BTW he wouldn't wear the gown. He tried tearing it off anytime I attempted it.


Little Story.  They had to take him to redo the IV lines.  The one they first got was looking a bit angry (then again after they pushed that much fluids and antibiotics into it, that really wasn't a surprise.  The foot one they renforced. Again they had to have what is called the STAT team I now know to get him a fresh new one.

While in the hospital he wore an ankle bracelet so no one could kidnap him. If it got set off they would send the police and lock down the hospital.  Well the nurse took him to the treatment room and I could hear him crying.  Then it stopped  not too long after  a police officer shows up and asks were he was. I told him he's with the nurse in the treatment room.  He says okay and walks away....few minutes go by... I still don't hear him. I know they are suppose to be poking him.... now my mind is what if she wasn't a nurse and she took off the bracelet and ... so I wandered the hall.  treatment door is still closed.   I wander back and the room is open.  There he is half asleep wrapped in his blanket.  They were waiting for the STAT team as again they had a hard time with him.  That stupid bracelet went off 3 times, one at 3 am and they finally switched it out. The nurses called them the "charm" police

No comments:

Post a Comment