Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Captains Log : Day 324 Teddy Roosevelt Inaugration Site

Andrew's birthday is tomorrow so I asked him if he wanted to go here for his birthday or somewhere else.  Of course he wants to be here as we just had a Presidential Inaugration 2 weeks ago. Again when you are living history sometimes what you are looking at is boring or you have a different view than you did before.   We had our own tour as you have to make the reservations in advance and they don't let others that aren't in your party join in.  They of course ask you the COVID questions that we are accostumed to.  I did mention that I have also been vaccinated. " You are the first one that I know of that has been,  the guide said. I hear about people getting them but never known any."

I have to say that it is a weird situation when most of the world is waiting on getting vaccine and you are.   

   So there's a room that goes through what Roosevelt was facing as he became President and I remember thiking the last time I saw it which was not long after Obama was President it was the same things, economy, racism, job and wages, foreign  threats etc...   which oddly enough doesn't seem to change much through the years. And I thought he had it hard... LOL

So to which this year you look at that and say.. is that all?? Man he had it easy. 
Biden has to deal with Vaccine roll out, Relief package and the impeachment trial of Trump...not to mention the above stuff.

As a reminder to myself....Alex was at school when we did this.  Jon had remote learning till 12:25 as to why we could do the in the middle of the afternoon on a Wednesday








 

No comments:

Post a Comment