Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Captains Log: Day 344 Quiet Tuesday.


Not much going on today. Both Alex and Jonathan have school and had to catch the bus.  Jonathan's bus is much earlier which I'm sure Jonathan doesn't like.  It was another snowy morning...


So since Jon goes to school and doesn't go for another 3 days he brings home his breakfast and lunches. Guess it occured to me  I never posted what was in his bag . There's usually 4 milks. Alex took a Chocolate milk.  Chicken nuggets for one meal and mac and cheese for another. Corn and fruit in the cups. Breakfast pack with cereal and juice and rolls. They don't get eaten when they are suppose to.  Its mostly snacks for them.   Andrew eats the corn and fruit, Jon the rolls, Alex eats the mac and cheese and nuggets and juice. Eventually the cereal gets eaten too.

This is now normal to us....


Anyway  the sunset was beautiful.
 

So I have tried to find some meme's to go along with everything but turns out with Trump as President it was a gold mine of jokes. Biden is business. There's a few with Cancun Ted  but he's not our senator and I feel bad for Texas.


Its inching closer and closer to a year. When I orginally did Captains Log I never though I would be doing this for a year (or more) I didn't think I would be blogging everyday in the past year (i'm this close not stopping now.) I didn't know the history we would face. It was just that  I (we) had to face different challenges and alot of them.  To think I started it when the schools closed as that was weird enough. The food shortage, Toilet paper shortage. Meat shortage,  Then the Civil unrest,  As months ticked by the list of crazy stuff grew.  Meanwhile we lived.... 

you learned patience.. 

you learned what was important.

you learned what liberties are important to you and everybody else. 

you learned that people and things you take for granted are not  guaranteed 

We changed up what we did, we can adapt and still be safe and enjoy ourselves.

Honestly with all the craziness that went on.and having to adapt.... there is a whole bunch I'm glad we did.

Do I miss what use to be normal?? you bet!

Do I care that things are being still cancelled?   Some.. but at the same time its now come back around again and can deal better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment