Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Captains Log: Day 226 Rock the Vote

Typical week in 2020.....  Huricane Zeta (6th letter Greek alphabet) hit land fall. I think we are up to 7 hurricanes that hit land this year for Louisianna. 

When the kids went to the haunted houses I told them they should have one called 2020 were you got to run away from the corona virus and dodge wild fires, hurricanes and protesters. Might make for a good game.

part of the Line to VOTE!!!
Andrew's 1 st time voting!!!


So its 41 degrees and we waited outside for 40 mintues on day 4 of early voting. I was mad being in this spot knowing we are in in a pandemic and as Jon is at home doing remote learning.   I have voted for a President before and never had to wait more than a few minutes to vote on Election day. But here I am with Andrew his 1st time voting.  This isn't even fair to him.  This is NOT how his 1st time should be. But his vote is more important that ever.  I'm mad that I don't feel safe mailing them in, in the US.   I want my voice to be heard I want his voice to be heard... and here we are.  What gives me comfort......   See the pie chart below???  around 140 M voted last time.    And 108M did not.   As of today 70M+ have voted already which is half of what did last time.   Obviously WAY more people are voting this time. WHY????  What's motivating them?? To which I go back to why I'm okay with waiting 40 minutes during a pandemic to vote even though I'm mad.

Rock the VOTE!!!! 



 Rock the Vote was from when I was Andrew's age and with MTV...

No comments:

Post a Comment