Monday, December 14, 2020

Captains Log: Day 273 Better Days??

"And you asked me what I want this year

And I try to make this kind and clear
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
'Cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
And designer love and empty things
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days"

I have these lyrics in my head...they are from the Goo Goo Dolls song Better Days. Fitting for this year.  Maybe giving me hope knowing that next year things are looking up but are tough right now.

These ups and downs right now are getting to me.  We are in this weird normal that we function sort of, I mean we do everything for the most part. when you are driving home and look at a car wash and thnk that was built this year and a mudane task is just getting your car washed = normal

Despite how normal somethings are, reality sets in....but at this point it really isn't weird to us anymore...
This is the Christmas tree at fountain plaza.   We have ice skaed with a full crowd as they lit the tree.  Nothing like that this year. In fact no ice at Fountain Plaza, so no ice skating.





Shea's.... no action there since March



Despite all of this the city looks festive.


So as they give the first Vaccination out today  and certify the electoral college to Joe Biden (this is the better days coming) 

There's this ... Batavia.. you are on Cuomo's naughty (yellow zone) list and we have reached 300,00 deaths,




No comments:

Post a Comment