Thursday, December 31, 2020

Captains Log: Day 290 New years Eve......bye 2020





New Years Eve ball...

As I was down there looking at it I couldn't get the song New years Day by U2 out of my head.   I remember hearing it when it came out that year blasting it after one of the New Years Celelbrations when the fire works were done and we were walking to the car as it echoed through the buildings.  The First line : "All is Quiet on New years Day"  and  " Nothing Changes on New Years Day." floating around in my head.... It's meaing is different this year.   There will be no celebrating by the ball, no crowds of people. The streets will be quiet.  Even though  we are changing the calendar to another year doesn't mean what we have been dealing with will change.  We still stuck in this dystopian nightmare... and the darkest days yet to come. This is the part I wish I could skip past.   Winter with the plague and it going nothing but up.   School is still hybrid,  Vacation has been lost. I will be fully vacinated by the middle of Jan but with the kids I still can't do much.    I know its all goign to take time to get back what we once had but we will and that is hope. 


 




Alex's little friend... He wanted to take him home

So we did Olive Garden Take out...... I got Family Meal Stuffed Shells that had to be cooked in the oven. It also came with bread sticks and salad.  Alex LOVED stuffed shells! (despite the look on his face.  He ate 3!)







Snacks later...



No comments:

Post a Comment