Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Captains Log: Day 295 Tuesaday

So its January and its during the plague and here we are at a playground because I'm tired of the 4 walls at home.  Need some fresh air and to move around.   Even Alex was logy till he got to run and jump and play.  Its 35 out not warm but when you live in Buffalo you take what you get this time of year....






 
Problem solved..... So this thing has been a problem for years with no good solution till now.  The washing machine and dishwasher are on the same set of pipes that run close to the sump pump. The pipe gets clogged from all the sediment from the washer and dishwasher causing it to clog.  I have had it jack hammered and cleaned out countless times knowing that eventually the pipe needed to be replaced under the basement floor or something else. I've had countless plumbers come in and tell me estimates ranging from $1500 to $4000  and if I did the cheap one I would lose the downstairs bathroom. Sometime last year I had a plumber come in for an emergency as the bathroom sink was leaking bad and it was Sunday night.  I found one that came and repaired it quick and ended up not charging me.  Just kind of put it if you need anything else we are here.  Well he got my business, I did ask him that night about the problem and he gave me the low end of what I had been quoted and said no it wouldn't take out the bathroom this way.  Honestly I didn't beleive him.  I used him again in December and again asked for a serious quote to do this.  It was lower that the lowest quote I had been given so I took it. Honestly I would had it done for  $1500 at this point ( it was $1000).  So this is what they did..That is a pump.   So the water from the dishwasher and the laudry both feed into there and it is pumped to the sewer.  What this will do it take the burden off the sump pump that the pipe was leaking into ( it no longer clogged , it would just seep into) and there shouldn't be so much water at the end of the driveway.

So as I was at the park I was looking at the Newsletter for the School.... 
What could possibly be in it as they are barely at school.... 
This is a cute picture of Jonathan

Just keep Scrolling .....


When what do my wondering eye should appear ....  my kid is student of the month!!!
The kid that stayed up half the night playing Minecraft even after I told him to go to bed numerous occassions and had to be up for school at 6:30 am.  The child that didn't touch his assignments till I took his tablet away yesterday.... 
Everytime I've been ticked off at this kids school habits this  stuff pops up.  Like hey he's rocking it.. lay off of him...  Really???   He would be a solid D student if  I judged and BTW school... he was remote most of  December...Think I should get  Home School mother of the month award... He looked great for the whole 2 days you got him....

Seriously though I am very proud of him and okay a bit envious he can make it look so easy like he's not even trying.



No comments:

Post a Comment